Why Choose Peareswood Primary
At Peareswood Primary School:
- We are a loving school, and provide children with a vibrant place to learn and thrive.
- We promote independence and challenge through a bespoke curriculum, localised firstly within the community we serve and draws on the rich cultural heritage that is on our doorstep.
- We are committed to developing children’s skills in the use of digital technology, and incorporate this widely throughout our curriculum.
- Our curriculum provides children with enriched knowledge of their local area whilst developing their confidence, self-esteem and resilience through lessons and experiences outside of the classroom.
- Our staff members are passionate, creative and help to set the high expectations we have for our children, our aim is to equip them with a lifelong love of learning and to help them excel so they are well prepared for their step to secondary school.
- We value learning for all and provide additional opportunities throughout the day for children to access.
- Our inclusion team provide additional support for all children, with wellbeing and good mental health as a priority.
- Early Morning Workshops provide our children with additional learning opportunities whilst developing the self-esteem of individuals.
- We provide a variety of Parent and Carer workshops, planned to enhance the learning and social and emotional needs of our children.
- Our termly ‘Pride Time’ sessions are a shared event with the school community, where we celebrate the achievements of our children.
Click here to watch a video about our wonderful school!
‘The school is like one big family where people from different backgrounds all get on.’
Year 5 pupil
‘Everyone is so friendly and helpful; I know that if I have a problem or concern the school will support me.’
‘I love the wellbeing team; you can talk to them about anything and they are always there to support you.’
Year 4 pupil new to the school.
‘Throughout my notes from my day at Peareswood I have written how kind the children here are. This was demonstrated to me as a visitor, in their behaviour and actions towards each other and to the adults in the school.’
‘My teacher helps me if I’m unsure of anything; you can always ask for help if you need it.’
Year 6 Pupil
‘Pupils are respectful and courteous. They listen attentively to each other’s views.’