Weekly homework is set on a Friday on Google Classroom. Pupils complete the work set at home and submit by Wednesday the following week. Homework consists of weekly English and Maths tasks and a topic project will be set to be completed throughout the term.
Pupils in Years Reception to Year 6 have a Spelling Shed login, which will have appropriate spelling rules and games assigned. Year 2 to Year 6 have a TTRS login and should be accessing this both at home and school. Pupils are also expected to read daily and parents to log on ‘Go Read’ what has been read.
Overview of Homework
Tips for good homework habits
- Do find a quiet place at home to use as a homework area. It needs a flat surface, appropriate lighting and equipment e.g., pens, pencils, ruler, scissors, glue.
- Do be aware of modern teaching methods, e.g., in long division.
- Do plan a homework timetable and agree on when your child will do their homework.
- Do allow your child to have something nutritional to eat before starting on homework.
- Do discuss any homework tasks with your child and how it connects with what they are studying at school.
- Do turn off the TV - but you could have music on if they find it helpful.
- Encourage your child to independently research or look up any unknown topic or word.
- Keep homework fun and make it a special time that you both look forward to.